Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In that same hour...

I was reading Matthew the other day and something struck me. Much like seeing sound, there was nothing deep and profound about the verse I read, but to me, it was incredible.

The story was of a centurion who came to Jesus and asked Him to heal his servant. The centurion plead his case stating in faith that if Jesus said it, it would be. Amazed by his faith, Jesus told him to go home and his servant would be healed. Then "...in that very hour the servant was healed." His servant wasn't healed instantly, despite Jesus being astounded by his faith, the centurion's request wasn't answered the instant He spoke. Now I, of weak and struggling faith in comparison, am amazed to see even the centurion had to wait to see his prayers come to be.

Oh God give me the patience to see my dreams come true and the tenacity to NEVER STOP DREAMING!

0 comments: